Final Examinations are required at the end of each semester.
Examinations will be given at the assigned time.
If a faculty member has more than one section of the same course, students may, with the permission of the faculty member and providing that there is no conflict, take the final examination with another section. That is the only way that a student may change an exam time!
Since no scheduling conflicts are possible, make-up examinations should not be necessary.
Please follow the following procedures regarding final exams:
· Any examination which is missed due to an emergency should be rescheduled after the regularly scheduled examination period but not during a Reading Period, during ESP, or on a Sunday.
· If rescheduling is not possible prior to the deadline for submission of final grades, the instructor should award the student an I.
· Conflicts resulting from a student’s travel arrangements do not constitute an emergency and do not justify a make-up examination.
· Any exception to these policies must be requested in writing by the student and concurred with by the Professor and the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
There are only two exam times: 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., and these periods are three hours long. Exams are given on Saturday, but not Sunday.
For the Exam Schedules, please visit the Office of the Registrar at http://www.citadel.edu/registrar/
- Mid-Term Exams are given mid-way through a semester always starting and ending on a Tuesday.
- Grades will posted the Thursday after the end of exams.
- Receiving a "U" in English 101 means that a student has "unsatisfactory progress" at mid-terms and must receive a minimum grade of "C" at the end of the semester to enroll in English 102.
- Students may access their mid-term grades in Banner Self-Service.