Colonel Robert E. Lyon, Jr.
Colonel Robert E. Lyon, Jr. commissioned as a 2Lt. in the Army, graduated from The Citadel, and married his wife Cynthia on 29 May 1971. He served on active duty for two and one-half years and received the Army Commendation Medal. He then served in the Army Reserve with the 360th Civil Affairs Brigade and left the Reserves as a Captain. Colonel Lyon has spent forty years as an attorney and manager for local government non-profit service corporations practicing non-profit corporation and local government law. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association and the International Municipal Attorneys Association. He has coached youth league baseball and has been involved in community service activities in Irmo, South Carolina.
- Elected by The Citadel Alumni Association; current term, 2019 to 2025
- Operations and Risk Management Committee, Member
- Strategy, Vision and Governance Committee, Member
- Legal Committee, Member
Citadel Activities and Affiliations
- The Association of Citadel Men/The Citadel Alumni Association, Past President, former District Director and Life Member
- Non-voting member of The Citadel Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Greater Columbia Area Citadel Club, Past President and Member
- The Citadel Brigadier Foundation, Colonel’s Club Member
- The Citadel Football Association, Member
- Former Chairman, the Town of Irmo Planning Commission
- Former Mayor, the Town of Irmo, SC
- Local community service projects