Graduate Certificate in Computer Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Computer Engineering program is designed for students seeking advanced engineering techniques and professional development skills in the field of computer engineering.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria for admission into the Computer Engineering Graduate Certificate program.
- Completion of the online graduate application along with the non-refundable application fee.
- Submission of an official transcript of the baccalaureate degree directly from an ABET accredited engineering program or approved alternative.
Students who have been admitted to The Citadel's MSEE program and desire the certificate must also apply for the Graduate Certificate in Computer Engineering. The application fee will be waived for those already admitted to the MSEE program.
Students are required to complete 12 hours of graduate study within a three-year period from the time of registration in their first electrical engineering graduate course at The Citadel. Students who fulfill the program requirements will earn a Graduate Certificate in Computer Engineering.
Graduation Requirements (non-credit bearing)
- Darkness to Light Training
The Citadel’s Principled Leadership Seminar
Graduation Requirements (Course Requirements)
All degree candidates must:
- File a plan of study outlining the intended areas of interest and listing the top four corresponding courses of interest
- Complete 4 courses (12 hours) from the electrical and computer engineering areas of study below.
Required Computer Engineering Coursework
ELEC 635 Adaptive Signal Processing
ELEC 645 Data Communication Networks
ELEC 655 Digital Communications
ELEC 675 Computer Architecture
Course/ Certificate Availability: The courses/ certificates will be offered based on student preferences/ overall demand indicated in your plan of study to be submitted after acceptance. Students should be aware course/ certificate offerings will be based on minimum class size enrollment. The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department will continually monitor student interest to expedite completion of your program of study.
For more information, visit The Citadel Graduate College's website, or click below:
You may also contact the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at 843-953-7593 or email Dr. Bob Barsanti for more information about the program.