What is the Role of Employee Relations
Employee Relations deals with a variety of issues surrounding the work environment of employees on the campus of the College.
Employee Relations include, but are not limited to:
- Providing independent counseling to employees and/or supervisors to resolve work-related problems that may relate to performance and/or discipline based issues,
- Mediating disputes and advising all sides involved on matters relating to employee relations and human resources policies,
- Coordinating Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services,
- Administering the staff grievance process,
- Monitoring Employee Performance Management Systems (EPMS),
- Counseling and reviewing Reduction-In-Force plans (RIF),
- Administering the College unemployment insurance program.
Issues or problems that arise in the workplace may be addressed with the immediate supervisor, the department head or vice president. Employees also can visit the Human Resources Department to receive advice, counseling, and suggestions on how to deal with any workplace issue, personal concern, or problems with co-workers and/or supervisors.
If you have questions or specific concerns about Employee Relations, please contact:
|Contact Name||VP Area||Phone|
Dir. of Human Resources
|President, Athletics, External Affairs, Commandant, and Provost & Dean of College
Diversity/EEO Officer (interim)
|Provost & Dean of Collegeemail@example.com||953-6961|
Class and Compensation Manager
|Finance & Business and Facilities & Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org||953-5375|