Welcome to the Home of The Citadel Volunteer Recruitment Program (CVR)
The Citadel Volunteer Recruitment (CVR) program was founded in 1973 as a means of leveraging The Citadel's fervent alumni base to help recruit quality candidates. Originally called the Cadet Procurement Program (CAPP), the CVR program continues to evolve and grow today. The CVR program boasts 16 CVR State Chairs, conducts hundreds of CVR high school visits and participates in 225+ college fairs nationally each year. The CVR program focuses on out of state students as the Admissions Staff traditionally focuses on in state college fairs.
Critical CVR Activities
- College Fairs - Fall and Spring seasons.
- High School Guidance and JROTC Visits
- Citadel Club or independent CVR recruiting events:
(Cadet sendoff events, Accepted Student Nights, etc..).
CVR's often represent The Citadel at out of state college fairs which are local to them. Alumni generally find this as a fun way to stay connected with their alma mater as well as interact with high quality prospective students. If you are interested in possibly volunteering please click on the college fair title link! Below listed are the currently active college fair spreadsheets.
|Spring College Fairs||Fall College Fairs|
- Main purpose is building a relationship between Citadel alumni and local High Schools in their area
- Citadel alumni will meet with guidance counselors and with prospective students to answer questions about The Citadel
- If interested please click the above link!
- Events are created for 3 main purposes
- Accepted Canidate Nights- Students who have been academically accepted. This night is to help answer more specific questions about The Citadel, financial aid, ROTC scholarships and more
- Cadet Sendoff Events- Cadets who have made a deposit to The Citadel and plan on attending. A great opportunity for the future cadet to meet some other students before arriving on campus. Also a great way to ask any last minute questions
Cadet Sendoff Registration - CLICK HERE
Click above link for the Manual